Research in stroke biomarkers is relatively young. The number of publications started to increase by the end of the 90's and it is still increasing. Most of the publications regard blood biomarkers.
Reviews about biomarkers
- Ning M, Lopez M, Cao J et al. Application of proteomics to cerebrovascular disease. Electrophoresis 2012, 33:3582-97.
- Garcia-Berrocoso T, Fernandez-Cadenas I, Delgado P et al. Blood biomarkers in cardioembolic stroke. Curr Cardiol Rev 2010, 6:194-201.
- Foerch C, Montaner J, Furie KL et al. Invited article: searching for oracles? Blood biomarkers in acute stroke. Neurology 2009, 73:393-9.
- Montaner J. Blood biomarkers to guide stroke thrombolysis. Front Biosci (Elite Ed) 2009,1:200-8.
- Whiteley W, Chong WL, Sengupta A et al. Blood markers for the prognosis of ischemic stroke: a systematic review. Stroke 2009, 40:e380-9.
- Whiteley W, Tseng MC, Sandercock P. Blood biomarkers in the diagnosis of ischemic stroke: a systematic review. Stroke 2008, 39:2902-9.
Articles of interest
- Raman K, Pare G. Of stroke and biomarkers: The elusive quest for a clinical biomarker panel. Clin Biochem 2013, 46:705-6.
- Rifai N, Watson ID, Miller WG. Commercial immunoassays in biomarkers studies: researchers beware!. Clin Chem 2012, 58:1387-8.
- Pickering JW, Endre ZH. New metrics for assessing diagnostic potential of candidate biomarkers. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012, 7:1355-64.
- Pencina MJ, D'Agostino RB Sr, D'Agostino RB Jr et al. Evaluating the added predictive ability of a new marker: from area under the ROC curve to reclassification and beyond. Stat Med 2008, 27:157-72.