- Synonyms:Pentraxin-related protein PTX3, TNF alpha-induced protein 5, TSG-14
- Biomarker name:PTX3
- Gene name:PTX3
- Gene id:5806
- Genecards link:http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=PTX3
- Biomarker function:Acute phase protein. Regulation of innate immune system and inflammation. Member of the pentraxin superfamily, together with CRP.
- Neurovascular unit:Vessel
- Intracellular location:Secreted
- Body fluids:Plasma
- Prot-prot interactions:Unknown
- Inductors:Yes: IL-1b, TNFa
- Signaling pathway:Unknown
- Biological process:Acute phase, Inflammatory response
- Comments:PTX3 levels might reflect the underlying burden of atherosclerosis .
- Associations:Higher plasma PTX3 levels are associated with mortality after stroke.
- References:1. Rolph MS et al. Production of the long pentraxin PTX3 in advanced atherosclerotic plaques. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2002;22:e10-4.
Source articles by endpoint