- Synonyms:High mobility group protein B1, amphoterin
- Biomarker name:HMGB1
- Gene name:HMGB1
- Gene id:3146
- Genecards link:http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=HMGB1
- Biomarker function:DNA binding protein, mainly ssDNA. Member of the family of alarmins, molecules that signal tissue and cell damage. HMGB1 augments inflammation by binding RAGE and TLR receptors.
- Neurovascular unit:Neuron
- Intracellular location:Nucleus, Secreted
- Body fluids:Plasma, Serum, CSF
- Prot-prot interactions:Unknown
- Signaling pathway:Unknown
- Biological process:
- Associations:Higher circulating levels of HMGB1 are associated with poor outcome 1 year after stroke.
Source articles by endpoint