- Biomarker name:D-dimer
- Gene name:-
- Gene id:-
- Genecards link:-
- Biomarker function:Fibrin degradation product.
- Neurovascular unit:Unknown
- Intracellular location:No
- Body fluids:Plasma, Serum
- Prot-prot interactions:Unknown
- Signaling pathway:Unknown
- Biological process:Hemostasis
- Comments:PDB code is indicated as a reference.
- Associations:D-dimer is a fibrin degradation product. It is increased in acute phase of ischemic stroke and is associated with a high risk of recurrence and with cardioembolic etiology. It has been also associated with poor outcome and mortality. Similar levels have been determined in both subtypes of stroke during acute phase.
Source articles by endpoint
|Stroke||Glickman SW, 2011; Montaner J, 2011;|
|Atherothrombotic||Shibazaki K, 2009; Zhixin W, 2013;|
|Cardioembolic||Alvarez-Perez FJ, 2011; Alvarez-Perez FJ, 2011;|
|Disability||Whiteley W, 2012; Zhang JL, 2013; Tu WJ, 2013;|
|Exitus||Shibazaki K, 2009; Shibazaki K, 2011; Zhang JL, 2013; Tu WJ, 2013;|